So the end of the CELTA course has arrived. I figure a little wrap up is in order.
Things I will miss:
- Falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean
- Adas and Gorde the Kamala dogs
- Ladies’ Night in Montañita
- The sunsets on the Pacific
- Cat and Ian the awesome brit couple
- Margerit and Reubin the awesome Dutch couple
- Hannah, Mark and Jesse the chill ones
- Jamin and Savanah the productive ones
- Laura and sweet but always worried one
- Mis chicas Melissa and Sarah
- Spanglish girl-talk with Mandy and Eva
- Staying up until 2am playing card games
- Weekend adventures
- Crazy rides on the broken down un-maintained motorcycles with Luis
- Bodysurfing on waves that are too big to be bodysurfed
- Hola Ola’s chocolate croissants
- Practicing my Spanish with the waikis in Montañita
- Pool parties in the green Kamala pool
- All the amazing students
- Our teachers Kathy and Vicky
- Nutella crepe night
- Hitchhiking home (don’t worry mom, always with a group)
- All the Kamala boys, Javier, Gato, Luna, even Muela, Ronnie, and especially Chefla.
Things I will not miss:
- Being eaten alive by repellent resistant mosquitos
- Finding random naked men passed out on the beach on Monday morning (again don’t worry mom, they’re not rapists or anything, just hippies)
- All the tourists in Montañita
- 11th hour lesson planning
- All the CELTA course work for that matter
- Sand fleas
- Never having internet
- Having “travelers sickness” 75% of the time.
Since I’m paying for the Internet by the hour in town now, that’s all for now. Ciao amigos, es el momento por una nueva aventura in Guayaquil!
Original published February 14, 2011, on tumblr as “Fin de Kamala”.